- c. 1888
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
- Alternative Names
- Chonn Gee, Violet Maud Frances (maiden name)
- Gee Choune, Violet (maiden name)
- Geechoun, Violet Maud Frances (maiden name)
- Quon, Violet Maud Frances (married name)
Violet Maud Frances Gee Choune married Charles Quon Senior in 1905 in an arranged marriage when she was 17 years old.
- Wedding photograph of Violet Geechoun and Charles Quon Senior
- c. 1905
Sources used to compile this entry: Macgregor, Paul, 'Dreams of Jade and Gold', in Epstein, Anna (ed.), The Australian Family: Images and Essays, Scribe Publications, Melbourne, 1998, pp. 25-35. Personal communication with Ray Quon, 28/4/2006.
Created: 15 July 2005, Last modified: 13 April 2008